The segregation of freestyle

Dance Music - Latin - Hearthrob

The segregation of freestyle

Postby MakeNoise » Sat, 13 Mar 2010 8:18 pm

Some people are probably saying "what the hell does he mean by segregation,this aint no civil rights movement" :D

I think that even the most prolific freestylers in the game don't realized how this music has segregated itself on purpose. Talk about self-sabotage. I frequent several dance boards and I don't see anyone from the freestyle boards. The funny thing is that there are people on those boards that like or at least respect freestyle.

Here's the thing- They have no clue of what the lastest freestyle is out there. the crazy thing is that on facebook some of these people in one way or another are friends with those in the freestyle game so....

This tells me that there is not enough networking and outreach out there to markets that are not targeting freestyle specifically. I think that's a huge mistake.
Most freestyle fans don't go on freestyle boards. Not only that,you should want to open up this music to new fans or else we are going to only have the same people on freestyle boards. Hell,we practically know each other or know someone that knows someone that is a singer or a producer in freestyle.

I know of some people who have shows and are asking for NEW freestyle music and only one or two artist reply. That's insane! Freestyle has to stop being so insular,meaning we just stick to our "own". That has made freestyle become uber irrelevant in the last ten years. 2000-2010 there were no certifiable freestyle hits that made any kind of impact.It's the lost decade.

Here is a list of online dance stations.Why not submit your music?

Iparty Radio
1Club.fm
Electric FM
Energy 98.1 FM
B91 FM

Don't expect anyone to come knocking at your door. As it stands right now,they don't even know we exist. :shake:
MakeNoise
Freestyle Fan
Freestyle Fan

Advertisement

Re: The segregation of freestyle

Postby frankie » Sat, 13 Mar 2010 10:07 pm

i agree with what you said.since i dont have laptop im not on sites as much i used to, but those who know me know how much i do love freestyle old and new.and i did buy and support alot of new freestyle coming out and theres alot, the newest one i am exited about is Nyasia's new upcoming cd. I know alot of people tend to talk crap on sites, there is alot of haters out there, believe I had my share of hate..which becomes tired and the enjoyment of visiting sites is less exiting, i always felt those people are not true freestylers, and thats my opinion and it should be respected ;)
"I guess I found my way, It's simple when it's right.....Alive"by jennifer lopez
frankie
Freestyle Guru
Freestyle Guru

Postby MakeNoise » Mon, 15 Mar 2010 3:11 pm

You're a good freestyle fan frankie :D

I only promote what I deem worthy

Lately,thAt's a lot of the NEW freeestyle.Not always the case.

I think the time is right for a West Coast/progressive freestyle evolution.
MakeNoise
Freestyle Fan
Freestyle Fan

Postby frankie » Mon, 15 Mar 2010 8:09 pm

yes, west coast freestyle should release new music.I know Randy taylor webber is working on new music, Sharyn Maceren cd is sorta still new and working on new songs.Angelina and Jocelyn Enriquez need greatest hits or best of cd's until they release new material, if any.most of west coast freestyle recently has been on hold, so ..so unsure what to really think of it.but it really be nice that people who sing freestyle are actually true freestylers..seems like east coast right noe has true freestylers, but i do miss alot from west coast.
"I guess I found my way, It's simple when it's right.....Alive"by jennifer lopez
frankie
Freestyle Guru
Freestyle Guru

Postby frankie » Fri, 10 Sep 2010 12:30 pm

so true about same people on sites LOL especially on freestyleremix, same people, same fights, LOL Its almost like family.Funny most of us know and met each other from friends of this site etc..i a way its good, i enjoyed the freestyleremixers, freestyle artists/producers i met during years.I do agree make noise in all what you said in a way it is important ..freestyle for life!!
frankie
Freestyle Guru
Freestyle Guru

Postby daddyfreestyle » Fri, 15 Oct 2010 3:02 pm

"I think the time is right for a West Coast/progressive freestyle evolution."

Hmmmm im interested maybe i got something sitting around.
kennyfreestyle
daddyfreestyle
Freestyle Fan
Freestyle Fan

Postby Daniel » Fri, 15 Oct 2010 11:09 pm

MakeNoise,

Man, as someone who is involved in music outside of Freestyle let me tell you, Freestyle has it good. In bigger or mainstream music there are so many ego's, haters, drama and politics that looking back Freestyle has it easy.
The problem of fans not supporting new music isnt limited to just Freestyle. Today's music market supports what they are familiar with, not necessary what they like. We have the same problem working Rap projects.
KBUE FM, 105.5 FM, Los Angeles "Que Buana"

FREE Freestyle Downloads
Sekreto's Mysapce
Daniel
Freestyle Genius
Freestyle Genius

Return to Freestyle Talk